Our very first chocolate cake with 3 layers and roses we made out of fondant.
A while ago we tried to make a clasic chocolate cake and on top sweet little roses as decoration. We know it doesn’t look perfect yet, but we are going to make it again for a next birthday party that’s coming soon. And hopefully it will look much better than this one haha. Both were new to us, chocolate cake and working with fondant. It was really fun to make especially making the roses so you can put your creativity in it.
Prep : 40 min
Bakingtime: 30 min
Cake tin : 23 cm
500 gram sugar
5 dl water
250 gram butter
50 gram unsweetened cocoa powder (dark)
1 teaspoon salt
380 gram self raising flower
4 beaten eggs
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
– Mix sugar, water, butter, cocoa powder and salt in a pan at a low heat while stirring. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
– Transfer it in a bowl and let it cool it of.
– Add the self raising flower and the eggs to the mix. Make sure to sift the flour first.
– Stir the mix with a wooden spoon till its smooth.
– Grease the cake tin. Transfer it in a cake tin and put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
Between the layers and the outside of the cake we used whipped cream.
We covered the cake with crumbled chocolate cake which you can buy in the grocery store.
Hope you enjoy making this cake like we did!