Cronuts..a mix between a croissant and a donut.
We were so curious about the newest culinary rage in New York City. Too bad we are not able to go to NY anytime soon, just to try this sweet treat and go back. So we figure why not doing some research and make it ourself. Today we attempted to make a few of these Cronuts! We know it will not taste and look exactly the same as the original one from pastry chef Dominique Ansel, who invented this croissant-donut. But it was delicious and fun making it.
Here is the recipe for homemade cronuts:
– Prepare the croissant dough (which you can buy in a grocery store)
– Give the dough a quick roll and fold it. Repeat this 3 times ( Roll, fold, roll, fold, roll, fold) haha. Till you get this envelop shape between one or 2 inches thick.
– Cut it into rings and in the middle a smaller ring.
– Then lets fry ’em up in oil. Flip them often till they get this deep golden color.
– Transfer them on a baking sheet with paper towel and let it cool it of.
– Prepare the Custard and use a piping bag or something else to fill the Cronut
– For the topping you can use whatever you like : cinnamon sugar, icing sugar and sprinkle some chocolate etc.