We’ve been to the UK a couple times. The first time we went, we and some friends stayed for a few months, because we had to do an internship abroad. In our free time we explored cities from north to south UK by train and coach. Because of the history they had with India/Pakistani you see a lot of influences of India (restaurants, grocery/clothing stores, indian radio stations etc) and beside fish and chips Britain people loveee the indian dish..Curry! Here we learned to drink tea with milk and eating biscuits, learned words like cheers/mate/bloody/fancy/ the telly and wanker haha. We had an amazing time! Love the country, love the people.
Here’s our where-to-go list:
City Manchester is a big city with lots to do and see.
* The famous Market street is very crowded but still nice to walk around. Plenty of stores, fine restaurants,singers and street/dance performers .
* Manchester united stadium.
* Changing of the guard (near Buckingham palace)
* St paul’s Cathedral
* Millennium Bridge
* Tate Modern (musea)
* The London Eye
* Trafalgar Square
* National Gallery
* Oxford street/Piccadilly circus street ( Shopping paradise!)
* China town in London
Cities in West Yorkshire
* The Thornton’s Arcade a stunning Victorian arcade, with nice little cultural and historic features.
*The Victoria Quarter with loads of little shops, great for shopping! Ideal place when its cold outside. Just walk around or enjoy a snack or meal in the several restaurants you have there. Worth to visit.
* Kirgate Market a massive indoor market with good variety of stalls. From clothes to food and much more. Its located in a beautiful Victorian building. Really a Must-see!
* We went to the National Media Museum twice. Its a fabulous place if you want to know all about the history of film, TV, radio photography and the web. The entrance is free of charge, many things to see and do for all ages. We and our friends also tried to read the news, oh my gosh that was so hilarious! Instead of reading we only laughed.
* City center: Just walk around in this town you will love it. The people are so friendly here and the food is delicious!
A small town but really nice! We went several times to this Indian/Pakistani restaurants Balooshai and Kebabish Original. They serve great and yummie dishes. We really recommend these 2.
A city that’s known for the ancients city walls the Romans build in 71 AD. A city you have to visit.