Churros a delicious traditional spanish snack.
Today we had a national holiday (Ascension Day in the Netherlands) so that means a day off from work,yeaah!
Time for baking! Today we made something new.. Churros. We saw a recipe in a local magazine and we thought why not try it out. Since we love this snack but never thought about making it at home!
We know it doesn’t look perfect yet but it taste pretty goood though haha.
Here is the recipe:
5 tablespoons sugar
100 gram of butter
330 gram of sifted flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
pinch of salt
oil for frying
– Combine water,sugar,butter and salt in a pan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
– Add the flour and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spatula until you get this smooth and thick batter.
– Let it cool for 5 minutes.
– Add the eggs one at a time. Add flour if it gets too mushy.
– Heat oil for frying.
– Put the dough in a pastry bag
– Pipe strips of dough into hot oil(but not too hot). Fry the Churros for about 5 minutes, turning them halfway. Drain on paper towels.
– For topping, roll them in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, make a chocolate dip or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Yummiee let’s eat!