Kwark taart with delicious fresh strawberries
Today we made kwark taart a perfect treat for summer. Kwark taart is a dessert from Holland. It looks very similar to cheese cake but its different.
Kwark taart is a non-baking version of cheese cake and its made of quark (curds). It’s much lighter then the average cheesecake as it doesn’t have cream cheese in it.
We already made different version of kwart taart with this recipe (see pictures below). You can always add something new, like we did using different kinds of fruit. We love fruit 🙂
Here is the recipe!
300 grams of biscuits
190 grams of butter
9 sheets of gelatine
750 grams of vanilla quark
500 ml cream
150 ml milk
4 tablespoons sugar
– Crumble the biscuits in a food processor
– Melt the butter and add the crumbs, stir well.
– Cover the bottom of the spring form pan with parchment paper, pour the crumbs into the spring form.
– Spread evenly over the bottom and press firmly.
– Put the spring from with the crumbs in the refrigerator.
– Place the gelatin in a bowl of cold water and let them soak for about 10 minutes
– Whip the cream with a mixer.
– Put the milk in a pan and add the gelatin leaves to it (squeeze the water out of the gelatin leaves first).
– Heat the milk and stir until the gelatine leaves are combined.
– Let the milk cool of.
– Add the mixture of milk and gelatin, sugar to the quark and give it a good stir.
– Add the whipped cream ( if you want to decorate the taart like us, leave a little bit of mix and add some food coloring)
– Add the strawberries to the mix of quark and stir.
– Pour the mixture into the spring form.
– Decorate the kwark taart with whatever you prefer like fruit, chocolate etc, and put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Enjoy this recipe, hope you guys will like it!
Happy summer everyone!
Different versions of kwark taart that we already made 😀
We made this version for our sister in law birthday bash. But we made a silly mistake using natural quark instead of vanilla quark cream, that means no taste at all haha.
But the chocolate and the kiwi made it alright.