A chocolate roll cake with chocolate mouse filling! Gotta love Choco…
Couple weeks ago we saw this video on YouTube from a girl who loves to bake just like us. She baked a delicious chocolate Swiss cake and it looked so GOOD, that day we couldn’t wait for the weekend to come. We’ve tried it and we must say YUM…it tasted good as its looks hihi…
This recipe will yield one quarter sheet pan cake.
120 g egg yolks
35 g sugar
35 g honey
160g egg whites
50 g flour
15 g cocoa powder
20 g butter
35 ml milk
150 g whipping cream
1 tbsp sugar
100 g chocolate
1 tbsp hazelnut syrup (which you usually use in the coffee)
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and honey
- Grab another bowl en whip up the egg whites
- Gradually add the sugar with the egg whites until your egg whites become stiff.
- Optional : adding some mokka/hazelnut syrup to your egg yolks mixture.
- Take half of your egg whites and add that to your egg yolks mixture using a spatula.
- Gradually add the pre-shifted flour and cacao powder.
- mix the rest of the egg whites with the mixture.
- Add the melted butter and milk into your batter using a spatula.
- Pour the batter on a baking sheet which is covered with parchment paper.
- Bake it 10 till 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Carefully slice of the cake of the baking sheet and let the cake cool off on a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl ( au bain marie).
- Whip up some whipping cream with the 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Mix the chocolate and whipping cream together
- When the cake is cooled down, put another parchment paper on the cake. Flip it over and just carefully peel of the parchment paper.
- Put a layer of chocolate mousse on the cake.
- And roll it..
- Put it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour
- And slice them carefully!