Indonesia has a lot of different porridge like bubur kacang hijau (sweet), bubur ketan hitam (sweet) and bubur ayam (non sweet) .
These 3 porridge’s our mom often make, especially when autumn/winter starts. We love this because its sweet, delicious and warm to eat for the colder days. Lots of people think that you can only eat this as a dessert. But basically you can eat this anytime of the day, whenever you are hungry.
For the bubur ketan hitam we have the recipe below:
- 100 gram glutinous black rice
- 1.5 liter water
- 2 pandan leaves
- 150 gram sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- a few tablespoon thick coconut milk
- Add water in a big pan with the glutinous black rice, salt and pandan leaves, bring it to boil
- Cook until the liquid has thickened a little bit
- Add the sugar and stir until it reaches a porridge like consistency. (add more water if necessary)
- Serve the porridge in a bowl and add 2 or 3 tablespoon of thick coconut milk per serving.
Other 2 porridge’s we love to eat and make!
Bubur kacang hijau: dried mung beans, coconut milk. (haha sorry, not really a beautiful picture, we were only thinking about EAT EAT. (we didn’t even noticed our winter slippers hihi ‘shy’ ).
Bubur ayam: rice, with shredded chicken breast, peanuts and kecap manis. We also added some colored krupuk if you might think what is that pink-greenish and white oval things beside the bowl. Krupuk, always delicious with this dish.
If you would like to have these porridge’s recipes feel free to ask. We will post it 🙂
Enjoy the recipe! Hope you guys will like it.