We can all feel it right? summer comes to an end! And autumn is almost here. It’s getting windy, rainy again and we change our outfits from dresses/t-shirt/flip flops to a more warm sweater/jacket/boots. Unless you live in a country where the sun is always shining, lucky you 😀
As much as we love summer, autumn and winter also has its charmes too. Cozy on the couch watching tv or reading books/magazines with a hot drink. But what’s the best thing you can do when it’s cold outside? Yes..? COOKING and BAKING! Today we were in the mood. So we baked some delicious carbonates with potatoes and vegetables in the oven. Easy but so yummie. And we baked some rose shaped apple for dessert. We think you guys might like it too, below the recipe for the roses! 🙂
Lamb kotelet with patatoes and vegetables
Recipe for 6 roses:
1 frozen filo pastry (thawed)
2 red apples
A half lemon juice
3 tb apricot jam
1 tb flower to sprinkle the counter
powder sugar for decorating
- Slice the apple very thinly and place the apple slices in a bowl with the water and lemon juice
- Put the bowl in the microwave for about 3 min. (make sure the bowl is microwave save) The apple slices should be soft so it will be more easier to roll later on.
- Let the apple slices drain.
- Mix the apricot jam or any jam you prefer with 2 tablespoon of water and microwave for about 1 min.
- Roll out the filo pastry, then cut it in 6 wide strips.
- Spread some apricot jam evenly on each strip, and place the apple slices on top overlapping slightly.
- sprinkle some cinnamon and caster sugar on top, fold the filo pastry in half to the top.
- Roll up and place it in a muffin pan
- Bake the roses for about 20 min, make sure the pastry is fully cooked from the inside!
- Sprinkle it with some powder sugar.