This cake recipe, so flavorful and moist. Perfect for any occasions!
There are lot of pound cake recipes. The name “pound cake” refers to a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each ingredients : flour, sugar, butter and eggs. But using these ingredients may also called a pound cake. Because our theme is RED, we use cranberries for this cake! Honestly we don’t really like cranberry, because it has this bitter taste. But these berries are super healthy! Lots of vitamin C, fiber and vitamin E. And with the cake its Yum. Of course you can use any other fruits you prefer like blueberry, also delicious! We love this recipe!
240 gram butter
300 gram sugar
2 Tablespoons orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla
180 ml cup buttermilk
350 gram fresh cranberries
320 gram flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cover pan with parchment paper
- Beat the butter, sugar and orange zest for about 5 min
- Keep mixing and add the eggs one at a time, per egg about 1 min
- Add the buttermilk, flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt to the egg mixture
- Add the fresh cranberries to the mix
Pour the batter in the pan and bake 55 min to 60 min
Make sure to keep an eye on it.
Check our other 2 red themed recipes! Gooey red velvet cupcake and red velvet fudge.