Paella, a classic Spanish dish of rice cooked with fish or meat.
From Mexican Quesadilla in our last post, we now going to Spain haha. We cooked Paella! Paella is a rice dish from Spain that has become very popular and is known around the world. It originated from the region called Valencia in eastern Spain. There are many versions of paella. You can make this dish with fish, chicken, shellfish, beans, vegetables etc. To make this dish you need saffron as well, a spice that also turns the rice into a beautiful golden color, an essential part of the dish. You have so many different types of rice. But for Paella you need the Paella rice, its rounded and short. It absorbs the flavor of the liquid very well.
The very first time we ate this delicious Paella was in Barcelona couple years ago. We loved it! We love seafood, that’s why we made Seafood Paella this time 😀
For this recipe you can use anything you like, you can use chicken instead of seafood. We use a traditional paella pan, its wide and round. But you can also use a skillet pan.
1 yellow paprika
1 red paprika
2 gloves garlic
a mix of seafood ( mussel, squid)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the chopped garlic, onions and the paprika till its soft.
- Add the paella rice and stir for about 3 min.
- Stir in the chicken stock, sea food, black pepper, salt, paprika spice and safron.
- Let it boil, cover and let it simmer for about 20 min. Reduce the heat.
- Add the king prawns on top with the peas, cook.
- Turning the prawns, till both sides are pink.
- Decorate it with some sliced lemon.
Eating this, brings us back to Barcelona hihi. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this recipe too! Buen Provecho 😀