Quesadilla, a delicious Mexican snack!
A while ago we went to a Mexican take-away, and we ordered this Quesadilla! And ooh yes, we felt in love and we sure have a new favorite snack! From that moment on, we often make this tasty snack at home! Quesadilla has its roots in the Mexican cuisine, and is typically made using cheese and chicken. However, you do not have to use the traditional ingredients; you can experiment with different ones. Using any kind of vegetables like parsley, tomatoes, paprika, mushrooms just anything you prefer. As you all already know ,we always love recipes which is easy to make but so delicious to eat. And of course we would love to share it with you guys!
So here the recipe, enjoy!
10 flour tortillas
2 unions (chopped)
1 garlic (chopped)
1 Tomato (chopped)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Any kind of sauce ( barbecue sauce etc)
Pinch of White pepper
Pinch of Salt
Prepare the filling:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic,unions, chicken breast, till golden brown.
- Add some sauce, and if needed some white pepper & salt.
Tortilla & filling
4. Lay one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle all over with some Mozzarella cheese.
5. Add the chicken filling, some chopped tomato & parsley.
6. Once again sprinkle some cheddar cheese, and put another tortilla on top of it.
7. Once the cheese starts to melt, start to check the underside. If you see golden-brown spots on the underside of the tortilla, turn it.
When the cheese has completely melted and the other side is golden brown as well, the quesadilla is ready!
8. Put it in the oven to keep it warm, and start with the next quesadilla.
9. If you are done, transfer to a cutting board and slice into wedges.
Buen provecho! 😀