Delicious ice dessert with a hot crunchy crust.
We remember last year around this time after we finished dinner, our lovely sister in law said: Lets make some fried ice cream! We were like ” WHAT”? We went to the kitchen and she showed us how. We were amazed how quick and easy it was to make. Never thought you could actually combine hot and cold. And its so sooo yummie! From then we make it very often, we are crazy about it. And we thought you guys may like it too. You can use any flavor of ice cream and all kinds of toppings like chocolate sauce etc.
-Ice cream (any flavor)
-Sliced white bread
– beaten egg
– bread crumbs
-oil for frying
1. Prepare the ice and make scoops
2/3. Wrap the scoop in plastic foil, and put it in the freezer
4. Flatten the sliced bread with a rolling pin
5. Take the scoops out of the freezer, unwrap the plastic foil and form the bread around the ice cream like a snowball using your hand
6. Wrap it again in plastic foil and put it back in the freezer for 20 min.
7. Before you take the balls out of the freezer heat the oil in a pan, make sure its hot! Unwrap the plastic foil and dip the balls in the beaten egg and bread crumbs
8/9. Fry the balls, turn occasionally until golden brown on all sides.( very fast, just about 50 sec).
10. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. You can add any garnish you want, but make sure to serve immediately!
Below you can see how we make this step by step.